Re: Support for intel Xscale [PXA250], real time, geode

Jean-Luc Lebec wrote:

I need argument to choose debian...

For some general Debian advocacy, there's my Debian page at http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debian.html .

I think the important thing here is that once you get Debian working, you get ~8000 high-quality packages which have been thoroughly tested and debugged both individually and as a coherent distribution. The only downside I can think of is the overhead of the package management system (mainly /var/lib/dpkg), which can be a burden for small systems like handhelds; in that case you probably want Familiar, which is very similar to Debian.

I'm afraid I can't address your specific questions, they seem to be largely kernel and installation issues; perhaps someone else...

Cheers,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>