fastfpe causes strange debconf failure

I'm not really sure whom this sort of information should go to, so I'm
asking here first.

I compiled 2.4.18-rmk1 on a netwinder. When fastfpe is included in the
kernel, a command such as 'dpkg-reconfigure debconf' just outputs the
dpkg-reconfigure usage information. When nwfpe is included, the same
works fine. Other than this, the both kernel configs are
identical. Is there something I can do to get the needed information
to those that can use it to fix the problem?

--
Ron Golan
rgolan@coalabs.com