Re: No PHP4 on arm keeps packages out of testing.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 03:28:11AM +0100, Erich Schubert wrote:
> php4 doesn't build on arm apparently (arm seems to be in a very bad
> state, at least the buildd logs for php4 had problems installing the
> build dependencies... one time some mysterious reason, second try
> a bug in the pike7 package, fixed by now)
> http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=arm&pkg=php4

> Still, php4-dependant packages are being held in unstable and cannot
> enter testing (unless they are arch: all).

> Maybe someone running ARM could help fixing php4. Maybe using gcc-3.0
> for compiling php4 is enough... There is not even a bug filed against
> php4 for not building on arm. :-(

That's because php4 has not had any problems building on arm; getting
all the dependencies fixed up has been the issue.

See http://buildd.debian.org/stats/?arch=arm&state=Building for the
current status of php4 on arm.  I.e., it's purportedly being built as we
speak.  So as long as woody isn't released before April, it should make
it in with no problems. ;)

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer