Re: problems with apt-get install task-cross-arm

On Thu 11 Jul, Peter Naulls wrote:
> In message <[🔎] 20020710191846.42106.qmail@web12408.mail.yahoo.com>
>           Siddharth Choudhuri <siddh_c@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to install ARM cross compiler tool chain
> > on my debain box, but I get this '404 Not Found'
> > error.
> >
> > ====
> > apt-get install task-cross-arm
> > Failed to fetch
> > http://www.emdebian.org/emdebian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/devel/libc6-dev-arm
> _2.1.3-8e4.deb
> >  404 Not Found
>
> Have a look in the directory for yourself.  The file is there, but with
> a slightly different name:
>
> http://www.emdebian.org/emdebian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/devel/libc6-dev-arm_2
> .1.3-8e4_all.deb
>
> Probably someone's made a typo.

I've fixed this several times over the last couple of years, but it never
seems to work for everybody. I don't quite understand what's going on, but I
think it depends on the tool used to access the upgrade whether or not it
understands to check for _all.deb. Either that or something on sourceforge
keeps putting back a broken copy of the packages file.

I keep hoping to get time to put these packages (or preferably newer
equivalents) into the main debian archive as that should fix this particular
glitch for good.

Wookey