Re: Cross compiling boot floppies

On 23 Mar 2002 19:27:22 +0000, pb@nexus.co.uk said:

> No.  But there's no need: you can just use a different kernel without
> rebuilding the boot-floppies.  Be sure to turn on support for initrd and
> the loopback block device in your new kernel.

I've got those turned on (plus everything suggested in the boot floppies
technical document).  But using 2.4.16rmk2 I get:

RAMDISK: compressed image found at block 0
Freeing initrd memory: 1040K
EXT2-fs warning: checktime reached, running e2fsck recommended
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem)
Freeing init memory: 88K
Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel

At this point Scroll Lock tells me that swapper, kecardd, keventd, kswapd,
bdflush and kupdated are running, but no init.  The same root image works
with 2.2.19pre17 (as supplied with potato).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Theo

--