Re: Can I use the Debian XFree86 on my Netwinder?

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

Can I use the XFree86 v4.1.0 inclued in Debian Woody on the Netwinder?

Yup. Works beautifully. For about three months, I was using GNOME, E, sound, even the gnome-pilot stuff (though the gnomecal conduit in gnome-pim-conduits was so slow that the Pilot timed out while syncing!) -- until some error in the libc6 postrm a month and a half ago left my Netwinder totally dead. I'll have to reinstall at some point, or figure out how to unpack and install the libc6 deb from the RedHat side...

But it works great, just use the fbdev driver and you're all set.

Oh- one other thing: I could never get it to use 16-bit color depth, but that's a kernel framebuffer issue, not an X issue.

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>