Re: autobuilders

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 08:16:39AM +0100, Philip Blundell wrote:
> As some of you know, I've been taking care of the ARM autobuilders
> for the past little while. It now seems like time to look for
> someone else to take over this duty. Any volunteers?

I only have dial-in internet access at home, charged by the minute; I
don't think I'm able to do this - sorry!

...but out of interest: What is the amount of work (hours per week)
that maintaining the buildd takes? What are the typical actions? How
often does the whole system choke on some thing or other (ISTR you
mentioning this happens relatively often)?

I've also been wondering - would it make sense to redirect the buildd
messages to a mailing list? (Probably not this list, but a dedicated
one.) People would then automatically be notified and we could take
turns checking for the build problems and reporting them, maybe
sending small "done" messages back to the list to indicate it's been
dealt with. Hm, maybe it would make more sense only to send some build
logs to such a list, e.g. ones that appear in the hall of shame.

I know the logs are already available on the buildd pages, but their
being "delivered to my door" would probably make me a bit more active.
:)

Cheers,

  Richard

--