thread aware gdb

Has anyone managed to get a gdb that's thread aware running on a
debian/potato machine?

I've been trying on a netwinder - the gdb-arm packages in potato
doesn't understand threads, and the gdb package from unstable seem to
segv slightly after the first thread is created, as does a gdb-5.0
and a recent gdb snapshot build from source (I've not managed to get
a sensible core dump that says where it happened though).

I'm guessing it may be a issue with the version of gcc or glibc, is
upgrading the whole machine to 'testing' likely to help?

Cheers,

Joseph

--
Joseph Heenan, Software Engineer, Picsel Technologies Ltd.
[ Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer ]