Re: mpg123 for arm..

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 10:36:49AM +0530, saran@space.ee.iitm.ernet.in wrote:
> Is there a mp3 player for arm based system.

Yes, madplay works quite good on ARM systems:

  http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/

It's completely free of floating point (like splay), actively hacked
(unlike mpg123), and released under GNU GPL (so it could even be
shipped in the "main" section).

> I searched debian site ( @ ../binary-arm/..) I'm unable to find.
> Can somebody tell me where can I look for it and what lib files do I need.

A native ARM system with a compiler or a PC with a cross compiler.
Cross compiler debs are available at http://www.emdebian.org/, or if
you prefer a tarball you can download one from the LART website:

  http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/lartware/compile-tools/

If you really want, I can even send you a precompiled binary for
madplay.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl