Re: Problems installing on ARM710

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 05:29:55PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> >  gzip: unhandled page fault at pc=0x4007350c, lr=0x40074678 (bad
> >  address=0x00000002, code 0)
>
> This is crashing in index(), called from strrchr(). The bad address
> is indeed an invalid pointer. The md5sum you gave matches the one on
> my gzip binary, which as I said works fine.

Is your ARM7 also an ARM710 in a RiscPC?

This is just speculation, but maybe some tools in Debian-ARM were
miscompiled in subtle ways (all these pre-SA<=>SA alignment issues
spring to mind), or compiled by different sources with slightly
different configurations?

Has it been a while since gzip was last built? (Given that upstream
hardly changes anymore, I'd guess that's the case.) If yes, I could
try out a freshly compiled version.

Any other ideas anyone?

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer           | CS student at the Technische | GPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net        | Universität München, Germany | 888354F7
  ¯ ´` ¯