Re: perl-5.6

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 05:11:22PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> >What is medusa? RiscPC with StrongARM? If so, K?
>
> It's a StrongARM RiscPC, but I don't think it's a K.  According to /proc/
> cpuinfo the chip is "rev 3".  I can try running the build again on europa
> (which is a netwinder) if you think that will help.

Ah. cpuinfo for my StrongARM is

Processor       : Intel StrongARM-110 rev 2 (v4l)
BogoMIPS        : 1.90
Hardware        : Acorn-RiscPC
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000

[hmm. yes. I was going to investigate 1.90 not 190]

and it's a troublesome K. (as Phil knows from private e-mail)

I think it would be worth trying the build on europa as the next move.
[buildd's disk space estimate of about 40M disk space needed is about right]

It would be useful to run make test in the build directory after a
"successful" build to see what the regression tests think, but this may
not be feasible inside the debian package tree.

Nicholas Clark