Re: New ARM elfloader patch

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 09:20:38PM +0100, pb@futuretv.com wrote:
> In message <20011009150858.C21113@debian.org>, "Christian T. Steigies" writes:
> >Do you know if these patches could help makeing the m68k elfloader work?
>
> What's the problem with the m68k elfloader, exactly?  All the technology
> you need should already exist in binutils and glibc, so it's just an
> integration problem.
No big problem, only that it does not work. Log follows (I know 4.0.2 is
old, but it hasn't changed since then)

XFree86 Version 4.0.2 / X Window System
Release Date: 18 December 2000
[...]
(==) ModulePath set to "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
(--) using VT number 7

(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.a
(II) Module XFree86 Font Renderer: vendor="XFree86 Font Renderer"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libpcidata.a
(II)
Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

>From your (last) mail I had the impression, that arm had a similar problem?
So maybe a similar patch could fix this, this has worked already in building
X4.0.

Christian