getting arpwatch up and rockin'

Hey, all.

I'm a big fan of the Netwinder and now an even bigger fan of Debian on
the ARM.

I manage security for a number of small organizations where knowing
who's coming and going on their Ethernet would be a useful thing.
Hence I installed from arpwatch woody on my system (2.1a10-3) and set
it up and rockin'. Unfortunately, it fails, complaining about
"unrecognized hardware field" and similar things. I asked around on
the netwinder.org newsgroups, and their best guess was that it was a
result of arpwatching using its own header files for networking
instead of the kernel header files, which would cause the ARM's
finicky alignment issues to come into play.

I'm game for trying to patch the package to work correctly (and I'm
cc'ing the package maintainer on this e-mail), but first I wanted to
ask folks here if anyone here had already done any work on
this. Anyone? Any tips?

yours,
Forrest Norvell

--
       . . . the self-reflecting image of a narcotized mind . . .
ozymandias G desiderata     ogd@aoaioxxysz.net     desperate, deathless