Re: ARM710 problems

Richard Atterer wrote:
>All this leaves the question: What is it that makes things break for
>me, but nobody else? Does the regular, native GCC for ARM contain
>additional patches? Could apt or glibc contain some really weird bugs?
>Is the NSA behind all this? Do little green men really live inside my
>computer?

It's certainly very strange.  Perhaps you could try disassembling the gzip
that works for you, and comparing it to one that doesn't.  If that doesn't
yield any clues then I think the only thing for it is for you to dig into one
of the crashing binaries with the debugger and find out what it is that makes
it go wrong.

p.