Re: mpg123 for arm..

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 02:24:04PM +0530, saran@space.ee.iitm.ernet.in wrote:
> I've been trying madplay  for some days by now. But it doesnt works for
> me. I've the cross compiler. My configure options are as follows..
> ./configure --build=i386-linux --host=arm-linux --target=arm-linux
> --enable-fpm=arm --enable-aso

The --build, --host, and --target flags are only for compiling packages
that generate architecture specific code, like compilers. It's not
basically wrong what you're doing, but there is a simpler way to
achieve the same result:

  setenv CC=arm-linux-gcc
  setenv RANLIB=arm-linux-ranlib
  ./configure --enable-fpm-arm --enable-aso arm-linux

(tcsh style, doing this for bash is left as an excersise to the reader)

> And it compiles. When I try to run the application it fails with the
> following error mesg.
>  output: sample frequency 44100 Hz not availlable;closest 41666 Hz
>  output: cannot resample 44100 Hz to 41666 Hz
>  And the program quits.
>  Can sombody tell me how to fix this problem.

This was discussed on the linux-arm list a couple of days ago (the
"MP3s on RiscPCs" thread). Russell King explained that it was a
limitation of the sound hardware, I suggested a couple of ways to fix
it. If you aren't subscribed, here's a pointer to the thread in the

> I'm working with CLPS7500FE ARM processor evaluation board.

Different from the RiscPC, but apparently same limitations.

> > If you really want, I can even send you a precompiled binary for
> > madplay.
> >
> I'll be happy If you could send me the binary so that I can make sure that
> it'll work in my board.

I don't think it is necessary. Your binary works, the problem is in the
sound driver.

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl