Re: Fakeroot trouble

Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I was having some bizarre problems with fakeroot on testing, so I upgraded to
> unstable, and they persisted.  Just opened bug #85715, but since debussy is
> running potato and doesn't exhibit this problem, I'm not sure what to tell the
> maintainer to do next...

Hmm, in my bug report, I have strace output, but it seems strace is broken.
"strace bash" also dies with "unknown PID".

The fakeroot maintainer is trying to use strace and gdb, but neither seems to
work.  What other debugging tools are available? :-(

The upgrade from testing to unstable the other day replaced gdb-arm with gdb,
I'll try going back...

Thanks,

-Adam P.