Re: NetWinder an XFree

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, [iso-8859-1] Mikael Brandström wrote:
>
> > Does the Rebel.com X server require any special kernel version? I cannot
> > use anything later than somewhere around 2.2.15-rmk1 since more recent
> > krnels hangs with "RPC: rpciod waiting on sync task". I'm using an
> > nfsroot.
>
> No.  Any recent 2.2 kernel should work.  We currently ship the DM with
> 2.2.13-20000121, but most people at Rebel are now using at least
> 2.2.14-20000621.
>
> One thing.  You will need to get a versioned version of the binary.
> 	ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/users/s/stewart/redhat/RPMS/versioned/
> 		XFree86-SVGA-3.3.3.1-36nw10.armv4l.rpm
> would be the one you want.

That one worked for me, after fixing som modelines. My worst problem now
is that the mouse doesn't work at all, or rather, it jumps around like if
I had wrong drivers. Isn't the standard netwinder mouse ps/2 compatible?

(Anyhow, I would be grateful if you could send me a working XF86Config for
that server.)

// M
---
This signature ought to be left blank, but is not.