Re: XFree86 correct from source?

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Chris Rutter wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Chris Gorman wrote:
>
> > It did last time I tried it about a month ago.
>
> Yeah, but (I should have qualified myself really) did it run happily
> and apparently correctly on (at least) Netwinders?

It ran fine for me in 8 bit color (uggh), but 16 bit failed to run though.
I'd always get ...

startx
bpp = 15, depth = 16, BitsPerRGB = 6

Fatal server error:

Can't handel packed pixels with 15 bits per pixel

I assumed the framebuffer driver was using 15bpp and I was asking X to
interpret it, which it wouldn't.

On the netwinders at least X is very slow using the framebuffer driver.  I
tried merge rebel's cyber 2000 driver into the X source code, but got
stuck on some assembler errors and havn't looked at it in awhile.
> c.

Chris