Linux on a RiscPC 600

What's the current status of Debian Linux for the RiscPC range of computers?
I've just acquired a RiscPC 600 (ARM 610, 32MB RAM, EtherB, unknown VRAM).
I've found a set of Red Hat install discs but I've tried Red Hat before and
don't like it. I'd really rather use Debian, as my other five machines I use
regularly run it.

Would it be possible to use my Red Hat discs to format a partition, uncompress
the base.tgz file from another ARM port on it, and bootstrap a system like
that? I've used that technique with success on a PowerPC before when the
installer wouldn't work.

And, finally, have I got the right mailing list?

--
+- David Given ---------------McQ-+ Everything is controlled by a small evil
+- http://wired.st-and.ac.uk/~dg -+