Re: X Working!

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 10:37:01AM -0500, Scott Bambrough wrote:

> > This is a configure problem.  I can't remember the details, but I believe
> > undefining some ?_PTYS define in config.h will allow SSH to build and run.
> > Ralph would know better.  I'll see what I can find out when he gets in.
> >

> This if from the FAQ on netwinder.org:
>
> SSH 1.2x versions require a bit of work to operate on the NetWinder.

	We (debian) are now using OpenSSH and not the original SSH.  Also,
I am using kernel 2.2.12 under Debian with Unix98 pty's so I would assume
that the code for pty control should work on both x86 and arm platforms.

> Then edit config.h and comment out the line so it looks like this:
>
>   /* #define HAVE_OPENPTY 1 */

	Hurm.  I do have openpty though...since gnome-terminal is using
it just fine.  There are some differences between the DM's from Rebel and
the Debian distribution.  What I think is the nice part about Debian is that
we are actually using the same source and build process that is used on
every other platform (x86, sparc, m68k, alpha, powerpc, hurd).  My thought
is that there is either a bug in the kernel support for Unix98 tty's or
there is a bug in the C library on the arm.

	chris

chris mckillop - cdm@debian.org    "The faster I go, the behinder I get."
Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org/             -- Lewis Carroll
Waterloo Aerial Robotics Group - http://ece.uwaterloo.ca/~warg/