Re: the continuing adventures of XFree86 4.0.1

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Branden Robinson wrote:

> [Please follow-up to debian-x if you want me to see it.]
>
> 4.0.1-10 is in the archive for i386, sparc, and powerpc.  John Goerzen is
> building for alpha.  Compiles for m68k and arm are still needed.

Is John building them?  I thought I was! :-)  If he is, I need to fill him
in on a few things...

> A prerelease of -11, based on the new upstream beta 4.0.1h, is available at
> the X Strike Force repository.  Alpha, ARM, and m68k folks should grab
> these sources, build, and let me know what changes need to be made to the
> debian/*.$(ARCH) files.  The changelog summarizes what changed on i386.

Oh, while I'm on the subject, I really need that patch to the rules script
incorporated for now.  For some reason, whenever the modules in
xserver-xfree86 are stripped on Alpha, it renders them unusable.  The
patch should allow strip to do it's job for all packages on every arch but
Alpha, so it's safe (this has been tested with every revision thusfar, so
it's still needed).