build machines (was Re: XFree86 4.0.1 architecture status)

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 03:50:52AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> XFree86 is not easily handled by build daemons because of my "MANIFEST"
> mechanism.  When the packages have stabilized more, I may be able to weaken
> the manifest check a little and make the packages more suitable for
> auto-building.

> i386:
> 	Nothing much to say here, it's the main development platform.  I
> 	handle this arch.

> sparc:
> 	I keep this architecture current with the i386 packages to within
> 	24 hours or so.
>
> The bottom line?  From a packaging perspective:
>
> i386 and sparc are in good shape
> alpha, m68k, and powerpc I need feedback on
> arm looks dead in the water and is an area of grave concern

I've deleted the messages about build daemons and IIRC a small allocation
of development machines, so I might be forgetting something obvious:

I was wondering, is it possible to find and ship Branden an arm machine
of some sort, so that he would be able to build the packages himself?
Everyone who uses X on debian-arm would benefit from having X well
supported.

Nicholas Clark