Bug in arm dynamic linker?

Hello All,

When I attempt to start apache, I get the following error with some of the DSO
modules ..

Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp3.so into server:
/usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp3.so: R_ARM_PC24 relocation out of range

I'm wondering if this is the bug Scott Bambrough refers to in his
netwinder.org FAQ entry?  (See References:)   The bug Scott outlines occurs
occasionaly when the dynamic liker attempts to fixup PC24 relocs in the .text
segment of shared libraries which are not compiled -fPIC.

Is there a way to look at the .text segment of the shared library for PC24
relocs?  (via objdump -?)  If so what would one look like?  Does anyone have
other suggestions for determining whether or not this is my bug?

Also if this is the bug Scott refers to, can this be rectified by adding a
-fPIC to the build commands for apache and php3 to build position independent
code which will bypass the introduction of PC24 relocs into .text segments of
the DSO's?  Or is too oversimplified?

And finaly, is anyone aware of a newer binutils which resolves the bug
referenced in Scott's FAQ entry?

Thanks

Chris