Mysterious symbol in blas1 lib

Hello,

I was just trying to link a prog against the lib in the blas-dev
package, and it failed with:

# g77 hello.f -lblas -o hello
/usr/lib/libblas.so: undefined reference to `LC2'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
# g77 hello.f /usr/lib/libblas.a -o hello

The static one worked, but that's not what I want. :-)

Tried "nm /usr/lib/libblas.so", no symbols; of course "nm
/usr/lib/libblas.a" gave nothing with any L anywhere in it.

So I rebuilt blas (yes, it is using -fPIC) and installed, still the same
problem.

Any ideas?  Where do I file the bug report?  Or are FORTRAN shared libs
on ARM just generally troublesome?

TIA,

-Adam P.