Re: X on Acorn RiscPC

> It seems that people are succesfully getting Debian to work on Acorn RiscPC
> machines by a slightly hacked installation method with the current base-image.
>
> I am thinking of installing Debian, as I have an Acorn sitting arounf doing
> nothing at the moment, and can't afford a Newinder.
>
> Does the Debian support for X include Acorn machines??  Or will I need to
> try and get XArm from ARMLinux working??

The only X server in the current distribution is the FBDev which should
work as long as the linux frame buffer code works.  It would be nice
to get an accelerated svga server going.  If you can tell me what
sort of video hardware you have I can try to get that in sooner.

There has been a surge in Acorn folk all of a sudden.  I'm building
what may be a usable Acorn install image now.  I'll start sending
instructions and pointers to it when its done building (1 hour?).

--
                                     Jim Studt, President
                                     The Federated Software Group, Inc.