Re: No GDB?!?!?

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Chris McKillop wrote:

> 	So I figured I would try to debug what is up with qt2.  However,
> there isn't a gdb for the ARM?  Is this a debian specific issue?

GDB on the arm has been a bit out of sorts of late.  The following should
work on debian ARM, although it is in RPM format and is a bit old (or
mirrored on netwinder.org):
	ftp://ftp.nw.carleton.ca
		/winder/titan-VI/RPMS/gdb-4.18-6.titan.a.armv4l.rpm
It does have trouble with core files, as well as stepping into shared
libraries...

Or I believe Scott said the latest version of GDB from CVS on
sourceware.cygnus.com should build fine on ARM as well.  But I could be
wrong and it might be missing an ARM patch..

Good luck,

-Rms