Build still messed up

Greetings,

I sent my Netwinder back to Rebel to check RAM, processor, etc., no
problems found, so all of the problems are Debian-related.

Really basic problems, like I'm trying to configure enlightenment from
it's source directory, using "./configure --prefix=/usr" and it comes
back with "Cannot find source files in . or .." (looking for e.spec
which is clearly there according to ls).  Another time every single
command it tries to locate results in a segfault.

I have no idea where to begin to look for problems.  Tried going back to
2.2.10 but had all kinds of other problems.  See my unanswered post of a
month and a half ago for more details.

Is Debian/ARM really this hosed?  Or do I need to do a complete
reinstall?

And why has there been almost no traffic on this list for the last month
and a half?

I'm wondering if this is worth my time, or if everybody has just given
up.

Thanks,

      Adam Powell                     http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/
      Thomas B. King Assistant Professor of Materials Engineering
      77 Massachusetts Ave. Rm. 4-117         Phone (617) 452-2086
      Cambridge, MA 02139 USA                   Fax (617) 253-5418