Bizarre glibc build error

Greetings,

The last several times I've tried to build glibc, after going through
the initial patches, it has given this error:

configure: error: can not find sources in . or ..

I just looked into where the error is generated this morning, and it
seems that like any configure script, it sets ac_prog to $0, then uses
sed to extract the directory.  I inserted echo $0 and it gives the
correct command, and piped it to the sed command at the command line and
it gives the correct directory.  But somehow, in the configure script,
it gets it wrong.

Has anyone else seen this?  It's been happening for every glibc build
I've attempted since my last glibc report about a month ago.

Also, since upgrading to kernel 2.2.12, I've been getting random seg
faults from other configure scripts.  For example, when configuring
enlightenment, I get the attached errors.

Again since 2.2.12, bash has given me a couple of malloc and
free-related errors.  I'll report again next time I come across one.

So I tried to switch back to 2.2.10, and now I'm getting other errors.
Trying to build glibc, bzip2 is telling me that there is an incomplete
file, and I'm using the same source files as before.  I go back to
2.2.12 and it extracts, and starts to configure, but then runs into
other problems.  Once it gave me this bash free error, another time it
hung while "checking sysdep dirs...", another time it couldn't find the
sources again...

Oh, here's another which just started showing up in 2.2.12:

"Buggy processor (00000007), trying to continue.
Please send contents of /proc/cpuinfo and this message to
linux@arm.linux.org.uk"

I've attached /proc/cpuinfo as well (though its contents are kinda
obvious for a Netwinder).

I'm real confused.  What's going on in my netwinder???

-Adam P.