Re: gmp

On Wed, Aug 25, 1999 at 11:54:52AM -0700, Jim Pick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would somebody take a look at the gmp/libgmp packages?  They need some
> work in order to compile cleanly.
>
> These are needed by ssh.  I've got some old ones in the transitional
> area at:
>
>   ftp://ftp.jimpick.com/pub/debian/arm/dists/transitional/binary-arm/
>
> But I'd like to get them into the main archive.

I encountered this problem as well.  I can work on it.

I've been looking at the changelogs for both gmp and libgmp.  The only
difference between the arm and x86 binary versions of these libraries is
libgmp2, which for arm is three (debian) releases behind:

            x86:         arm:

libgmp2     2.0.2-3.1    2.0.2-1
gmp2        2.0.2-6.2    2.0.2-6.2

These releases are minor bug and platform fixes.  Also, gmp2 has an arm patch
that hasn't been applied to libgmp2:

gmp2 (2.0.2-6.2) unstable; urgency=low
  * Non-maintainer upload.
  * Updated config.sub and config.guess (needed for ARM port)
  * Applied patch from Russell King for ARM.
 -- Jim Pick <jim@fleming.jimpick.com>  Mon, 22 Feb 1999 18:26:04 -0800

Is it this simple?

Alan