Need help with ugly ld.so problem

The libsp.so.1.0.3 from jade (some sort of sgml parser I suspect) uses
a relocation type (R_ARM_PC24) not supported by our /lib/ld-2.1.1.so.
This results in a "BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so:..." message when
any attempt is made to load it.

I would add the R_ARM_PC24 relocation type to ld.so, but I can't
seem to build a functioning ld.so.  Can anyone share with me
whatever magic might be involved in getting that built?
I can build glibc-2.1.1, but the ld.so segfaults instantly.

As a work around, I am adding -fno-vtable-thunks to the g++ commands
when building libsp, might work.  It doesn't generate the R_ARM_PC24
references this way, but I don't know if the client programs will be
able to use it.

(This is of course so libsp will work, so sgml-tools will build, so
I can build libggi, so I can get back to work on what I'm supposed to
be doing. :-)

--
                                     Jim Studt, President
                                     The Federated Software Group, Inc.