Re: kernel-image-2.2.1-netwinder -- notes

    Jim> Tor Slettnes <tor@slett.net> writes:

    >> Also, with 'make-kpkg', make sure to get 6.06.1 or later, as it
    >> will build and use `Image' rather than `vmlinux'.

    Jim> Hmm.  I wonder if you should have made an NMU for this?  It
    Jim> might have been simpler to just fire a patch off to the bug
    Jim> tracking system.  I'm always a bit nervous about making NMUs
    Jim> for Debian-specific packages (because it amounts to making a
    Jim> new upstream source release).  Some maintainers use
    Jim> ftp.debian.org as the upstream source for packages for other
    Jim> distributions (ie. sysvinit).

    Jim> I hope Manoj doesn't take offence.

Woops.  Hope so too.
(I did file a bug report also, fwiw).

As far as compiling with your official egcs: For some reason it will
not boot - and fails to give any clue as to why.  Other packages build
fine (including egcs itself).  I found it rather strange.

Good luck w/bootstrapping & such.

-tor