Re: dbuild

bdale@gag.com (Bdale Garbee) writes:

> My netwinder looked lonely, so I launched dbuild on it, feeding it
> the root of the potato source tree on my local mirror.  A lot of
> things are failing to build with one or another error (we sure could
> use build dependencies at times like this), but a fair number are
> building fine.
>
> Jim, remind me what the status of our gcc/libc bits.
>
> Should I upload all the ones that build ok?

Sure, go ahead and upload them.

Many of the packages that were built previously won't build now
because 'uname -m' now returns a different value.  This really
confuses packages that use libtool.

I think the config.sub and config.guess from the new automake package
are new enough to recognize the new arch strings.

Take a look at wanna-build.  It's available via anon cvs at:

  :pserver:anon@cvs.linux-m68k.org:/CVS

I don't think there is a password.  I haven't played with it much -
but it looks like it can even deduce source dependencies.  The
wanna-build package is a database designed to be installed on a
central server.  People can run "build daemons" which will
automatically fetch a list of packages that need to be recompiled from
the centrals server, and they can then build them (avoiding
duplication).  It looks like a good thing for us to install on a
public server.

Cheers,

 - Jim