gdb on netwinder

I'm trying to get gdb going on the netwinder, and I did seem to be
able to build it.  However, the problem is the following:

@teolo [~] $ gcc -g -o bar bar.c

@teolo [~] $ ./devel/gdb-4.18/gdb/gdb ./bar
This GDB was configured as "arm-unknown-linux-gnu"...BFD:
/home/davidw/./bar: version count (3) does not match symbol count (6)

(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/davidw/./bar
You can't do that without a process to debug.

Now, I don't know if these two things are related or not...

I'm looking, but this is over my head.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            (    Circa mea pectora
davidw@prosa.it            )    multa sunt suspiria