Re: ICEs, libc6, yp

    Adam> Thank you.  Unfortunately, I'm using the official 2.2.10
    Adam> kernel-image-2.2.10-netwinder package, version 19990716, and
    Adam> I still get this problem.  NFS mounts are fine, and the NFS
    Adam> clients and yp clients are the same netgroup on the server.
    Adam> Everything is the latest potato, and I've done "cd /var/yp;
    Adam> make" on the server countless times...

Have you taken a look at /usr/doc/nis/nis.debian.howto.gz?  It goes
through each step of setting up an NIS master, slave, and/or client:

  - /etc/init.d/nis needs to be changed on the master
  - /etc/defaultdomain needs to be created both on server and clients
  - On the master, you need to run through "/usr/lib/yp/ypinit -m"
  - When you are done, restart NIS:
        /etc/init.d/nis stop
        /etc/init.d/nis start

On the master, try 'ypwhich'.  You should see its own host name if
everything is OK.  If that works, try 'ypwhich' from the clients as
well.

-tor