cannot open crt1.o: No such file or directory

Hi all,
I've almost got my cross compiling environment for ARM setup I just seem
to have one last problem. (I don't want to turn your listservs into
beginners lists anymore than I already have so I'll keep this brief).
I've built and installed binutils, gcc and glibc under my
/usr/local/arm/tools directory. I can use the arm-linux-gcc to compile
source code into object files but the linker fails with this message:
	/usr/local/arm/tools/arm-linux/bin/ld: cannot open crt1.o: No such file
or directory
	collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I think I'm missing a path in some file that points at the proper shared
libraries because crt1.o is in my /usr/local/arm/tools/lib directory.
Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your time?

Ben

--
Benjamin Stocks

"Don't Panic"