Re: gmp

Alan Post <alan.post@usa.net> writes:

> I've narrowed down the problem with libgmp2.  It gets introducted
> somewhere in -02 optimization.  I will be chasing down the specific
> optimization, but my lack of assembler knowledge may prevent me from
> solving it.

Ah, that explains why I was able to compile it earlier in the year.
We were using a different compiler then.

> Currently I'm running the new libgmp2 and the new ssh.  libgmp2 is
> compiled with -01.  I haven't tried generating new host keys or
> really working libgmp2, but I haven't had problems with normal use.
>
> I had to update my fakeroot, the version in arm unstable doesn't
> properly handle chown'ing dangling symlinks.  I didn't encounter any
> problems compiling it.

I'll update fakeroot.

I haven't been using it because I was having trouble with it before.
Hopefully everything has been sorted out with the newer version.

> I'll post again when I get more information about the *problem*, but this
> should get things working for interested parties in the interim.
>
> Alan
>
> PS: the libgmp2-dev package had some dangling symlinks in it.  I may have
> introduced them while debugging my fakeroot problem, and they were easily
> fixed; but you might see them.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

 - Jim