Re: New Image

Hi,

> > The new firmware solved the problem.  So it had out-of-date firmware
> > even though it arrived two weeks ago.  (That was part of the flame
> > story.)
>
> Yeah, personally, I wouldn't buy one of the things at this point:-/

why?

> The 'unstable' tag is the key word here:-) I basically take it as
> meaning "this distribution could possibly trash everything", although
> that's never happened.

think you're right. about 1 year ago alpha was in a similiar state. This
changed about 6 months later - but this is a long time :-)

At the moment there are also a few other debian-ports in this state.
e.g. hurd-i386 (when will this one be stable?? ;-))) )

The only problem with hurd is that the kernel is not-yet released and debian
is the only distribution. (But it seems that there are some people which are
working hard on this distribution.)

The problem I had with the netwinder was that there was _nothing_ on the
netwinder.* newsgroups for a long time (2-3 months??) [except some postings
to netwinder.test]

cu,
 gerhard

--
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
(Linus Torvalds about the superiority of Linux on the Amsterdam