Re: Need help with ugly ld.so problem

>The libsp.so.1.0.3 from jade (some sort of sgml parser I suspect) uses
>a relocation type (R_ARM_PC24) not supported by our /lib/ld-2.1.1.so.
>This results in a "BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so:..." message when
>any attempt is made to load it.

This usually means that -fPIC got left out of the CFLAGS.  If that's not the
case, something is wrong with the compiler.  Can you use objdump to find out
which module has the bad relocs, then look at the assembler source to find out
where they come from?

>I would add the R_ARM_PC24 relocation type to ld.so,

Please don't.  Performing PC24 relocs at load time involves writing to the
text segment and we want to avoid that.

>I can build glibc-2.1.1, but the ld.so segfaults instantly.

What gcc and binutils are you using?  There shouldn't be any magic involved.
I built glibc the other day using the binutils and gcc debs from potato and it
seemed OK.

p.