Unbootable kernel builds

I am trying to build kernel 2.2.0-pre6, with patches from Russell King
and Philip Blundell.  When trying to boot, the Netwinder ends up being
stuck sometime before anything is displayed on the screen.  I know it
is running, because I compiled in "Timer LED" support - indeed the
appropriate LED is blinking.

Has anyone been able to build this?  Would (s)he mind sending me the
".config" file from the /usr/src/linux directory?

I have been using the following compilers:

  - Egcs 1.1.1 natively on the Netwinder.  This is based on the newest
    Debian release from Jim Pick, but with the 990113 patch from
    Philip Blundell instead of the 990110 one.

  - Egcs 1.1.1 cross-compiler from my PC.  This was built on plain
    egcs 1.1.1 sources, but again with the 990113 patch above.

I have tried a number of options:

   - "Enable kernel-mode alignment trap handler" off and on

   - "Split initialization functions into discardable section" off or on

   - "Initial kernel command string" set to:
      1) an empty string
      2) "mem=64M root=/dev/hda1 ro"
      3) "mem=64M root=/dev/hda1 netconfig_eth0=disk netconfig_eth1=disk"

   - "Math emulation" on, or as module.

A number of others, too.  One sample ".config" is attached.

Cheers,

Tor