Re: strange bug in sgml2html or ld ?

>> BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: ../sysdeps/arm/dl-machine.h: 450:
>> elf_machine_rel: Assertion `! "unexpected dynamic reloc type"' failed!
>
>I'd try rebuilding it.  The Perl package was built quite a long time
>ago - maybe the linker was buggy.

That sort of thing can be caused by non-PIC code leaking into shared libs.
Use `objdump --dynamic-reloc' to inspect the relocation information for the
libraries in use and look for any invalid relocs (valid ones are R_ARM_COPY,
R_ARM_GLOB_DAT, R_ARM_JUMP_SLOT and R_ARM_ABS32).  Usually what happens is
that you get R_ARM_PC24 turning up which is a non-PLT branch.

It's common enough actually that I'm tempted to put a special diagnostic in
ld.so to catch R_ARM_PC24 and print a more enlightening message.

p.