Re: g++

David Welton <davidw@master.debian.org> writes:

> > I'm muddling through getting egcs to build, that should give us a new
> > g++ and libstdc++2.9.
>
> Yep, hmmm, I still seem to have the crufty old
> libstdc++...corel.. around, could this be the problem?

Nope.  Unfortunately, that's the only one we have that works at the
moment.

I'm having lots of trouble with egcs.  The stage2 output doesn't match
the stage3 output on my machine, causing the bootstrap to fail.

Philip Blundell is trying to help me figure this one out.  It's really
strange.

I hacked the Makefile to ignore the failure, so I now have some egcs
packages that work on my machine.  They don't work for C++ however.
I'll continue hacking away at this until I can figure out what is
going on.

Cheers,

 - Jim