Re: Util-linux (minus disk tools)

On Thu, Sep 17, 1998 at 04:28:19PM -0700, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> David Welton <davidw@gate.cks.com> wrote:
>
> > The only thing I had to do to make it work, besides taking out the
> > disk tools, was uncomment the 'semun' definition in <bits/sem.h>.

> This is the exact reason why I stoped my porting efforts... I don't
> think it's a good idea to start patching and modifying the system
> header files...

Shrug... I plan on tossing out the Corel supplied stuff as soon as Jim
has something I can install.  At that point, we should re-do packages
anyway...

Untill then, a few tweaks here and there, as long as they are written
down, probably won't hurt anything.  The one modification I had to do
concerned IPC stuff... how often do you use that anyway?:-> It was
worth it to me to get a working pager.

> It may break so much else, and we end up with a totaly broken
> (build) system...

> I'll think it would be a vise desition to just wait for jim to
> finish the egcs/ldso/libc packages, before we start porting the
> really difficult packages (those that one can get working, by
> modifying the system headers...)

I need tools to build other packages now.  Even the hardware is still
broken in some ways... I expect to have to redo a lot of these early
efforts anyway.

So did anyone get strace working?  It is giving me some troubles with
the architecture, and I can't seem to get ahold of whatever RPM Corel
used to build it correctly.

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org