Other stuff

Hi,

I finally set myself up so I can boot off the network.  So now I am
confident that I recover the machine if I mess up.  This means that I
am in a position to test booting into a Debian image.  I'll probably
try doing it via nfs first.  Once I am confident that works, I'll
remove the Red Hat stuff, and put the Debian image on /dev/hda2.

My build of egcs died, so that is going to take a bit more work to
figure out what is going on.  I'm going to try to get egcs, libstdc++
and the upstream glibc going before I make another image.

Cheers,

 - Jim