Re: glibc, libstdc++2.8 and the kernel

Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com> wrote:

> In article <[🔎] E0zBEhF-0000M4-00@spring.nexus.co.uk> you wrote:
>
> : Actually, it is that simple.  You can try using the `rdev' utility to do it,
> : but fundamentally you just have to change one byte in the kernel.
>
> Anyone got time to build me an rdev while I (finally) go sleep a bit?  It
> appears to be in the util-linux package...

I've been trying to build the util-linux package for a long time now, but I
get to many errors, and the header files on the machine I'm using is to
messed up for me to figgure out if I should hack the package source, or the
system headers... Until we get a propper GCC (or egcs) I can't build it...

 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are
         / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /          papadoc.nocrew.org
  _ /// / /__| | | | | |_| |>  <  Turbo Fredriksson    turbo@tripnet.se
  \\\/  \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\ Surrey/B.C./Canada      (604)572-3523
Debian Certified Linux Developer  PGP#788CD1A9   www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
------- PGP:  B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B --------
--
FSF Soviet class struggle Marxist munitions Nazi $400 million in gold
bullion arrangements Cocaine [Hello to all my fans in domestic