Re: i intend to do further development on my machine

Joel Klecker <jk@espy.org> wrote:

> At 23:46 -0700 1998-08-11, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> >Your call... It's your machine and your time... :) But I'll think you'll have
> >problem setting up a cross-compiler between i386 and arm... They are to
> >different
> >for this to work I think...
> >
> >For example, I wanted a cross for Alpha and i386, but just could not do one,
> >because of the big differences in architecture
>
> The reason why that won't work is that cross-compilers between 32-bit and
> 64-bit platforms don't work.

Yes, I know, that's basicly what I said... I just didn't feel any call for
getting technical... :)

 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are
         / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /          papadoc.nocrew.org
  _ /// / /__| | | | | |_| |>  <  Turbo Fredriksson    turbo@tripnet.se
  \\\/  \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\ Surrey/B.C./Canada      (604)572-3523
Debian Certified Linux Developer  PGP#788CD1A9   www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
------- PGP:  B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B --------
--
cryptographic Panama South Africa Cocaine Kennedy Clinton Semtex
Marxist supercomputer genetic Honduras nuclear World Trade Center bomb