Re: i intend to do further development on my machine

> Almost all of the packages I had trouble with on the NetWinder needed
> to be patched (because of things like config.guess), or they depended
> on having the X packages installed (which we haven't done yet).  A
> cross-compiler isn't going to help in either of these cases.

does document on setting a cross-compilation environment exist,from
reading your e-mail,i think setting such environment might be more
difficult that i thinked ??

> I'd like to get an a.out cross compiler done as well, so I can do some
> kernel hacking.

i'll try to do it (fortunately,i think it's been 4 or 5 times that i
compiled gcc on my machine so i learned quite a bit).

BTW,i had to flush my machine yesterday because i attempted to do a kernel
upgrade (2.1.115) and there was an electricity outage,it resulted in a
better partitionning scheme but i have to rebuild all the application that
i previously compiled.

Alain