Re: New packages

Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@tripnet.se> writes:

> Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com> wrote:
>
> > I also built login, passwd, and secure-su from the shadow source.
> > It's got that config.guess problem again (ie. the source needs to be
> > patched), so I installed it into gandalf-local.
>
> This problem?
>
>   [root@gandalf ssh-1.2.26]# ./configure
>   checking host system type... Invalid configuration `sa110-unknown-linux': machine `sa110-unknown' not recognized

Yep.

An easy way of fixing it is to do "rm config.guesss; automake --add-missing".

The problem with doing that of course is that you are changing the
source package - so you need to make a NMU (Non-maintainer Upload) and
file a bug so the maintainer of the package will incorporate the
changed config.guess into future versions of the package.

Cheers,

 - Jim