Re: ssh

On Sun, Aug 09, 1998 at 09:16:52PM -0700, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> David Welton <davidw@gate.cks.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 09, 1998 at 08:39:18PM -0700, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> > > Any idea why it just core dumps?
> >
> > I remember hearing somewhere that core dumps this early on are due to
> > lib/symbol problems.  More than that I don't know.  Maybe the bin in
> > your build directory doesn't have the symbols stripped from it and you
> > could run it in gdb ?

> I'd never had the time to learn gdb or any other such program, I've
> tried to use them a couple of time, but never got the hang of how to
> use such a prog...  If anyone more sufficient in GDB than I am, it's
> in the directory

On second thought.. wasn't there some problem with gdb?  Who knows.. I
dont have a machine, and currently I dont have an account on the box.
I suppose I ought to request one, but I though I was going to have my
box by now:-/

>    CHROOT/home/turbo/src/Build/ssh-1.2.26/
>
> they are compiled and done, the .deb is in
>
>    CHROOT/home/turbo/src/Debs/ssh_1.2.26-1_arm.deb
> .

I wonder if the chroot has anything to do with it?  Ssh is very picky
about all kinds of things that could indirectly compromise it.  That
should happen later on though, so, that doesnt sound quite right.
Hrmmmm.....

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org