Re: Packages done

[Sorry for sending this message twice, I forgot to cc: the list the first
 time]

Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@tripnet.se> writes:

> Oki, I've got the following packages done:
>
> dhcp_1.0.2-0.1_arm.deb
> dhcp-beta_2.0b1pl6-0.1_arm.deb
> dhcp-client-beta_2.0b1pl6-0.1_arm.deb
> dhcp-relay-beta_2.0b1pl6-0.1_arm.deb
> dhcpcd_0.70-3_arm.deb
> slang0.99.38_0.99.38-6_arm.deb
> slang0.99.38-pic_0.99.38-6_arm.deb
> slang0.99.38-dev_0.99.38-6_arm.deb
> joe_2.8-10_arm.deb

> Before (or after) upload, should these be installed?

I've already done the slang packages.

Here's a way to check to see if a package was done - run dselect, and
chose [U]pdate.  Then look through the package listing using [S]elect
(or look at /var/lib/dpkg/available).

You can also look at the list of packages sitting on master by looking
at:

  ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-arm/Packages

As far as installing packages on the machine - only do it if the
packages will be useful on the machine.  ie. dhcp is probably useless
on the development machine, because there are no other machines for it
to talk too.  But joe is probably quite useful.

Cheers,

 - Jim