Re: procedure to upload deb's

Alain Toussaint <alaint@cgocable.ca> writes:

> i just finished compiling vim and i'd like to know if there's some archive
> of the netwinder list,i tried to look for instruction on what to do with
> compiled packages but didn't find it in my saved e-mail folder.

If you are a Debian developer already, you can just upload them to master.

If you aren't, you should become one - here's the routine:

  http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/developers-reference/

If they are just for local use, you can copy the .deb files to the
/mnt/debs/dists/gandalf-local/main/binary-arm/<section> directory, and
the source files to the /mnt/debs/dists/gandalf-local/main/source/<section>
directory.  If you want, you can run make-packages-files to generate
the Packages and Packages.gz files.

I tried to build vim before...  but it needed X.  I'm guessing that you
modified it so it didn't need it.  Is that correct?

Cheers,

 - Jim